October 21, 2011

My way vs. God's way

Here are some thoughts as to possibly why our prayers are sometimes not answered the way we want:

I ask God to take away my habit... God says, "It is not for me to take away, but for you to give up... with my strength."

I ask God to give me happiness... God says,"I give you blessings. Happiness is up to you."

I ask God to spare me pain... God says,"Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me."

I ask God to make my spirit grow... God says,"No, you must grow on your own, but I will prune you to keep you faithful."

I ask God for all things that I might enjoy life... God says,"No, I gave you life so that you may enjoy all things."

I ask God to help me love others, as much as He loves me... God says, "Ah, finally you have the right idea!"

No comments:

Post a Comment